|Published by||Ubi Soft Entertainment|
|Developed by||Ubi Soft Paris|
|Designed by||Michel Ancel and Serge Hascoët with Bruno Bouvret, Sacha Gentilhomme, Michael Guez, Christophe Thibaut|
|Programmed by||Vincent Greco, Yann Le Tensorer, Daniel Palix|
|Art by||Alexandra Ancel (characters) |
Eric Pelatan, Sylvaine Jenny (backgrounds)
|Soundtrack by||Nathalie Drouet, Rémi Gazel, Frédéric Louvre, Frédéric Prados and Olaf Zalcman|
|Release date||18th February 2016|
|Gameplay mode||Single player|
|Distribution media||App Store|
Rayman Classic is a mobile port of the PC version of the original Rayman game with the soundtrack from the PlayStation version. It was released for Apple iOS on the App Store on February 18th 2016. Unlike earlier ports of the PC version, this one has all the content including the first phase of Bongo Hills, the Breakout minigame and the cutscenes the player gets after each boss-fight. Due to iOS devices lack of buttons it has virtual buttons and a virtual analog stick. It also has support for game pads.
Differences from other versionsEdit
- The intro is taken from the American version.
- The music is taken from the PlayStation version.
- Self-repeating sound-effects like Rayman charging his fist, Rayman's helicopter and a plum moving in the water stop after a few seconds. This is most likely a bug.
- There are no save-points on the map as the game saves automatically once a level is completed.
- There are 3 difficulty modes to choose from. Easy mode grants the player unlimited lives, original mode is how the game originally was and the challenge mode has the player start with 0 lives.
- The game has Gamecenter support with achievements and leaderboards. There are leaderboards for how fast the player beats the levels, how fast the player beats the game and how many Tings the player has collected as a total.
- The music in the Magician's bonus stages is bugged, sometimes not playing and sometimes playing the wrong theme.
- The characters Rayman meet, such as Joe and Tarayzan, do not speak, though the text is still displayed on screen.
- The 3 save slots available are already named and can not be changed. The names are RAY, BET and JOE. BET most likely refers to Betilla the Fairy.
- The boss music in Candy Château doesn't play.
- The Breakout minigame is found on the map-screen once Mr Dark's Dare is completed.
App Store descriptionEdit
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, the original Rayman is back… and for the 1st time on your mobile!
Embark on epic adventures with Rayman in one of the most influent platform game of all times and relive the experience of playing the original version of the 1995 hit.
“Rayman is side-scrolling, comic animation at its finest” Gamespot 1996
“Rayman ranks as one of the most visually appealing games of this or any year” Gamepro 1995
“This will probably go down in the history books as the brightest platform game ever” Playstation Magazine 1995
“One of the greatest platformers games to come out on PC” Joystick 1995
The evil Mr Dark has stolen the Great Protoon and captured the Electoons! Play as Rayman, the legendary limbless hero, free the Electoons, defeat Mr Dark and restore the world’s harmony.
• EMBODY Rayman, your favorite hero born in 1995
• REDISCOVER the fantasy cartoon worlds of the original game: The Dream Forest, The Band Lands, The Blue Mountains, The Candy Castle…
• RUN, dodge, jump, punch your way through the various levels of this classic platform game.
• UNLEASH Rayman’s special powers from the telescopic fist to the helicopter and defeat hostile creatures.
• SEEK OUT & FREE the Electoons to complete each level and restore the cosmic balance.
• HELP iconic and funny side characters in each world: The fairy Betilla, Tarayzan, Joe the extraterrestrial.
• DEFEAT each and every boss (Moskito, Mister Sax, Mr Dark…) in epic showdowns to free your friends.
• BEAT the Hardcore mode with one single life or choose the Casual mode for infinite tries.
Want to get the feeling of the original controls: this game supports gamepad!
You are a Rayman’s fan? Go check out our other awesome Rayman games from Ubisoft: Rayman Jungle Run, Rayman Fiesta Run & Rayman Adventures!
Game available in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Russian.
Stay on top of your game! Get the latest news, deals, and more at....
If you have any feedback, please email us at email@example.com
***ATTENTION: this application is optimized for iPhone 4S and higher. We cannot guarantee a satisfying gaming experience on lower devices ***